February 22, 2011

Discussion Questions 2/17

1.      Honestly, I think that neither of these will occur. What is happening is that people are still getting used to a massive technological boost from the past five to ten years. We are all still really excited about our new technology, and are trying to implement it in every way we possibly can. I think the “tech boom” will slow down and we will see a plateau of user generated content and the quality of professionally generated content will continue to improve.

2.      I use Facebook all of the time. It my best distraction from my homework. Along with my cell phone, it is my main line of communication with my friends and colleagues. I think Facebook is more successful that MySpace because it took the concept of MySpace and made it much more convenient. It started off as a social page for college students and progressed into a massive online meeting place for millions of people. MySpace offers essentially the same product, but its format is different, causing people to use the more user-friendly Facebook.

3.      Transparency is such an important concept in the Social Media World because there is an interpersonal relationship between the “blogger” and the “bloggee,” if you will. When a reader does research on a topic and they search trough blogs that they are familiar with, they expect the person writing the blog to have an honest, unbiased opinion. On the other hand, bloggers need the responses from researchers, or the “bloggees”, in order to keep their blogs going. The input from the people who visit the blog is what advances the blog and keeps it up-to-date.

No comments:

Post a Comment